Click here to go to UC Irvine University Registrar Image Map

Search Registrar site:

 UCI Home  :  Schedule of Classes  :  General Catalogue  :  WebReg  :  StudentAccess  :  WebAdmin  :  FAQ  :  Help Desk 
UC Irvine Aldrich Park

Notary Service

As a service to UCI students and alumni, the Registrar's Office offers a notary service for official university documents produced by or distributed by the University Registrar.

You may elect to use your own notary. Details on this option are provided below.

What We Will Notarize

  • Diplomas
  • Official Transcripts
  • Verifications

Only an official academic transcript or verification is eligible for notarization; photocopies or other reproductions are unacceptable.

A copy of your diploma can be notarized, provided that your original diploma is presented at the time the copy is notarized.

How Notarization works with Registrar Services

When you present your original diploma or have the Registrar's Office issue you an official transcript or verification, the University Registrar will produce and sign a letter attesting to the authenticity of your document. A notary will witness and verify the signing of the attestation by the University Registrar.

What you will leave with upon notarization:

Diplomas Transcripts Verifications
1. Your original diploma brought
    by you to the Registrar's Office.
1. Your official transcript. 1. Your official verification.
    The attestation is included on your
    verification letter.
2. A photocopy of your diploma. 2. Attestation signed by the
    University Registrar.
2. Written and stamped
    from the notary.
3. Attestation signed by the
    University Registrar.
3. Written and stamped
    from the notary.
4. Written and stamped
    from the notary.

How To Obtain a Notarization

    In Person
  • 1. Make an appointment by sending an email to
  • 2. Complete and sign a Request for Notarization Services form and email to
  • 3. At your appointment time, check in at the Registrar's Office front desk and pick up your form.
  • 4. Take your form to the Central Cashier with your payment (cash or check only).

    By Mail
  • 1. Complete and sign a Request for Notarization Services form.
  • 2. Mail the form with a check payable to UC Regents, to:
      UCI Registrar
      Attn: Notary
      215 Aldrich Hall
      Irvine, CA 92697-4975
  • 3. If requesting notarization for a diploma, you must also include your original diploma.

Fees for Notary Services

Notarizing your document requires a $15 notarization fee.

The notarization fee is added to the standard costs for Registrar Services. Below are examples of fees when adding notarization services:

Item(s) to be Notarized Fee Breakdown Total Fees
1 photocopy of your UCI diploma $17 attestation fee
$15 notarization fee
1 photocopy of your UCI undergraduate diploma and 1 photocopy of your UCI graduate diploma $17 attestation fee
$15 notarization fee
1 photocopy each of two UCI diplomas from two different schools (Double Majors) $17 attestation fee
$15 notarization fee
1 official transcript $15 notarization fee $32
2 official transcripts $30 notarization fee $64
1 verification letter $15 notarization fee $32
2 verification letters $30 notarization fee $64

The examples above do not include fees for additional services such as expedited shipping. A $10 certified mailing fee is required for mailing diplomas to domestic addresses. Diplomas can also be mailed via FedEx Overnight for $25 for domestic delivery or $35 for international delivery.

An attestation fee applies to diploma notarizations as the attestation letter provides official verification of the authenticity of your unofficial photocopied diploma. Although an attestation letter from the Registrar is also provided when notarizing official transcripts and verifications, no additional charge is applied as official transcripts and verifications are already official University documents.

Fees may be paid in person at the Central Cashier or by mail along with the fees required for the document(s) you are requesting.

Checks should be made payable to: UC REGENTS.

Foreign Use of Notarized Documents

The Secretary of State of California provides apostilles or certifications for documents to be used outside the United States. After your documents are notarized at the Registrar's Office, students who still require an apostille or certification for a foreign country or institution should review the California Secretary of State website for instructions on obtaining an apostille or certification.