The Registrar's Office is the official custodian of student
academic records and, upon request, will provide official verification of
specific information for graduate and undergraduate students. An official verification
produced by the Office of the Registrar will include the embossed University Seal and the
signature of the University Registrar.
Information we will Verify
Public information may be verified without student authorization.
Private information will only be verified with student authorization.
The Registrar's Office also provides loan deferment verifications.
We will only verify information that the Registrar's Office is responsible for maintaining.
- Medical Students (not including pre-med) should contact the School of Medicine in order to obtain an MD verification.
- Continuing Education (Extension) Students should contact the UCI Division of Continuing Education by phoning (949) 824-5418 for both education and certificate verification.
Full Time Status for Verification Purposes
For fall, winter, and spring quarters enrollment in:
- 12.0 units or more is considered full-time status
- 6.0 through 11.9 units is considered half-time status
- 5.9 units or less is considered less than half-time status
For Summer Session enrollment in:
- 6.0 units between all three summer sessions is considered full-time
How to Obtain a Verification
- Complete and sign a Request for Verifications Form available in the lobby outside the Registrar's Office.
- Pay the fee of $17 per copy to the Central Cashier.
- The Central Cashier accepts cash or checks made payable to UC REGENTS.
- The Central Cashier does not accept credit or debit cards.
- Return the Request for Verifications Form to the Registrar's Office along
with any necessary verification forms.
- Valid photo identification must be presented if verifying
Requests for "hand carry" copies will be
produced in minutes, while you wait. Requests to have your verification sent by mail are typically fulfilled
within two business days. Be sure to read the verification before leaving the
Registrar's Office. Corrections can only be made at the time of the request.
- Complete and sign a Request for Verifications Form.
- Mail your request, including sufficient payment, to the Central Cashier.
Verifications can be obtained over the phone by calling the Registrar's Office. There is no fee for verifications obtained
by phone. Only public and directory information will be released by phone.
Public and directory information includes degree awarded and dates of attendance.
Fees for Verifications
A fee of $17 per copy is required for verification requests.
Payment must be submitted to the Central Cashier. The Central Cashier accepts cash or checks made payable to UC Regents.
The Central Cashier does not accept credit or debit cards.
Fees for enrollment verifications are waived for:
- loan deferment verifications, if the verification is being sent directly from
the Registrar's Office to the loan processing center
- verifications being sent directly from the Registrar's Office to the
United States Office of Personnel Management
- sibling verification for financial aid purposes
Faxing Your Verification
The Registrar's Office will fax a copy of your verification.
There is a $6.00 fee, in addition to the regular verification fee of $17.00, for each fax number you would like your verification faxed to. Faxing services are available with domestic phone numbers only.
Requests for faxed verifications are not considered rush orders. Faxed verifications are typically processed within two working days of receipt.
Enrollment Verifications for an Upcoming Term
The following situation occurs most often when requesting enrollment verifications during summer for the upcoming Fall term.
Verification of enrollment cannot be made until you have officially registered as a student. Registration at UCI consists of two separate steps that must first be completed to be officially registered:
- enrollment in classes
- payment of fees
If you require verification of enrollment for the upcoming term and are not yet officially registered because you have not yet paid fees for that term, the Registrar’s Office will provide an enrollment request verification.
An enrollment request verification will state:
- the total number of units you submitted for enrollment for the upcoming term
- that 12 or more units in a term is considered full-time student status
- that official registration will be complete once fees for the upcoming term have been paid
- the fee payment deadline date
- the beginning and end date of the upcoming term
Degree Verifications for Employers and Background Screening Firms
UCI has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse,
to provide companies with instant online verifications of a job applicant's college degree(s) awarded by UCI, or attendance. The fee for this service is
$19.50 for Retail and Corporate Level Users and $18.00 for Colleague Level Members. Fees may be paid
by quarterly invoice or pre-authorized credit card payment.
Dean of Students Certifications (Disciplinary Clearance)
A Dean of Students Certification (or disciplinary clearance) is verification that you, as a former or current UCI student, have not violated any University policies or been subject to any disciplinary actions or proceedings. This letter of clearance is usually requested by law schools, medical schools, travel abroad programs, state bar associations, government agencies or independent agencies when applying for admissions or employment.
A Dean of Students Certification is provided by the Office of Student Conduct *not* the Registrar's Office. The certification does not verify academic information.
Instructions on obtaining a Dean of Students Certification, including fees, are available on the Office of Student Conduct website.