The Registrar's Office has contracted with the
National Student Clearinghouse
to provide students an efficient verification service for their loan deferments.
The National Student Clearinghouse is a nonprofit corporation whose
operating costs are underwritten by participating member guarantors, lenders and
services. Under contract agreement with the Clearinghouse, the Registrar's
Office electronically reports the status of its students by the first
day of instruction.
There is no fee for the processing of a loan deferment verification.
The Registrar's Office automatically submits to the Clearinghouse the following student populations:
Changes in status are identified by the Clearinghouse.
- transfer from one school to another
- return to school and may be eligible for a deferment
- continue in-school and are eligible for a deferment extension
- graduation status or degree completion (awarding of degree)
Electronic reporting continues throughout the quarter (end of 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 10th
The Clearinghouse identifies students by their social security number.
Therefore, the Registrar's Office does not submit enrollment information for
- do not have a valid social security number
- do not have a social security number on file
The loan verifications listed below will not be sent to the Clearinghouse.
Instead, they will be processed by the Registrar's Office.
- all loan verifications for enrollment prior to Fall Quarter 1994
- loans from former schools
- Summer Session enrollment
Student loan verifications should be delivered to the Registrar's Office.
Loan Repayment Requests
If you are eligible for deferment, but received a letter requesting loan repayment, please follow the steps as listed on the Verification of Enrollment for Student Loans pdf.