Click here to go to UC Irvine University Registrar Image Map

Search Registrar site:

 UCI Home  :  Schedule of Classes  :  General Catalogue  :  WebReg  :  StudentAccess  :  WebAdmin  :  FAQ  :  Help Desk 
UC Irvine Aldrich Park


Undergraduate Students

You may request a change of major by submitting an online application through StudentAccess. (See exceptions below.)

The standard criterion for eligibility to change your major requires that you are in good academic standing. However, some majors follow change of major criteria that is more restrictive than the standard criterion. These criteria have been formally approved by the Council on Educational Policy (CEP). Review the currently approved criteria for majors with such exceptions.

A request for a double major requires the online approval of both schools or programs offering the majors for any major change to occur.

If your petition is approved by your academic advising office, StudentAccess will reflect the change to your academic record immediately.


The following majors are not eligible for major changes through StudentAccess:

  • Business Administration
  • Nursing Science


To declare a minor, contact the academic advising office of your major. This applies even if your intended minor is outside of the school of your major.

Your declared minor is derived from your Degree Audit. If your minor is incorrect, it may affect the certification of your degree. Contact your academic counselor to update or remove your minor.